Thursday, October 7, 2010

I and J!

Well I bet you thought I wasn't coming back?! Nah, just have had a lot of stuff going on in life right now that has taken my focus away from the blog. I did still manage to do a couple of letters with some fun activities. If you didn't know my youngest son had to be seen by a GI last week and he went through some tests and a scan so we can figure out what is going on. A week later and we still don't have many answers, but it doesn't look like he will need surgery anytime soon, which is a blessing for sure! Then this week he caught a nasty virus and well I know he will bounce back soon! And not to mention this WONDERFUL weather! Who wants to stay inside when we have weather that allows us to open all the windows and just play outside ALL day?! Anyway onto the preschool where the learning still must go on :)


I have to admit, I didn't have much for I so we worked on it for 1 day. In that one day we did practice writing the letter and came up with words that start with I. As far as activities go:






*We colored an Elmo coloring sheet with the letter I for Igloo on it.
* We made an Ice cream cone and worked on shapes at the same time. I cut out triangles for the cone and circles for the ice cream and had them identify which shape was which and then they glued it onto a Popsicle stick. They had a blast pretending to eat it.

* Oh and we can't forget we colored Iron man pages ( my son's favorite)

As for J:
* one of my kid's names' starts with J and this happened to be on the first day of awesome weather and GI appointment so we decided to work on his name and we ended up making name plates the kids rooms. I wrote their names in block letters and let them color them however they wanted to and then I drew their favorite character on them. I can't post the pics because I can't tell their names but trust me they were super cute! And boy art sure is stress relieving for me :) We also took a moment to talk about Jesus and who He is and that He loves us!






* The next day we made Jack-O-Lantern masks. I drew orange lines down white paper plates, then let the kids color them orange and pick the shapes they wanted the eyes and mouth to be and then I cut them out. Lastly I punched holes on each side, attached some yarn and we had masks!


* I made Jello! Who doesn't love Jello? I tried to make them into little J's with my cookie cutter but it didn't work out so much so we just settled for eating it and saying Jello over and over.


* Our last activity was my favorite just because it came out so cool! We made jellyfish! I gave the kids all a piece of plastic wrap and instructed them to scrunch it up a bit and we glued it down to the paper. Then we glued on pieces of tissue paper strings that were blue as the tentacles. The kids enjoyed talking about jellyfish which was fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment