Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall times!








The crisp feeling of fall is finally in the air! I love when the seasons change it always gives such inspiration for change in life. As a mom I have found that while there are many things that change so fast like the boys growing up and what super hero they are into, I want to hold on to some things and let them be the same. This is where I feel family traditions start. Each family may do things around certain Holidays that they call traditions. Me I find myself loving the fact that a couple of years ago I started traditions when I didn't even realize it. I wanted to share one major tradition with you all in case you might like to try doing the same with your family. That is going to Crowe's Nest Farm. Two years ago I was lucky enough to be invited with a play group down to this cute farm and my oldest son who was about 15 months old at the time absolutely fell in love with the animals especially the cow!



He was obsessed with cows and mooing for many months after that. Then last year I realized that you can go to this farm with out a group once a year during their Fall Festival ( it may not be called that but that's what I refer to it as). I suggest taking your little ones down to Manor on one of the weekends they offer it this year in October. It is so refreshing to take a step out of city or even suburban life for a few hours and enjoy the farm animals. It's pretty cheap to get in and you can take your own lunch if you'd like, although they do serve up some food of their own. Oh and there is a perfect opportunity for those cute pumpkin patch pictures. Or you can be like me and get a picture with your favorite animal :)






There is also the Fall Festival at The Elgin Tree Farm which seems to be nice but we have never tried it out. We may go check it out this year because it seems to have tons of fun activites for the kids!




Hope you are enjoying this cool breeze in the air as much as I am!

1 comment:

  1. I love love loved the Elgin Farm fall festival when I was little. We have been to the farm once since I've had Gracie but we missed the festival and their regular weekend was a little disappointing so I definitely recommend going during the festival days.

    ReplyDelete