Monday, September 13, 2010

D is for Dinosaur!

Last week we ended the week focusing on the letter D! Boys love all things D, Dinosaurs, Dragons, Dogs, the list could go on and on. So needless to say I focused on a couple of really hands on activites each day and the kids really enjoyed themselves. Plus there sure were plenty of dinosaur books to read along the way!

These are the activites we did:








*We made door hangers- I bought the foam ones that come in a pack of 4 at the Dollar tree and on one side I put there name and on the other side I let them color it however they liked and topped it off with plenty of dinosaur stickers!








* We made drums and drum sticks- I always keep the yogurt containers instead of tossing them and I finally got to use some for this activity. It was a 2 part process where I let the kids paint the "drums" with a dark color to try and mask the container and while it dried we made drum sticks with colorful straws that I taped a colorful popsicle stick on to one side. The kids had a blast using their drums as loud as they could!








* We made dinosaur prints- I had them drawn on a piece of manilla paper and let the kids color them however they wanted and then we added sand to the picture to show where the dinosaurs had left their prints in the sand. The kids had fun dipping their paintbrushes in glue then sprinkling on the sand.








*We made a dog puppet- I used a paper bag and had ear and tongue cutouts ready for them to just glue on.








* And of course we had multiple Dance parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment