Monday, September 20, 2010

E is for energy!

Sorry it's been a while, I experienced an amazingly busy week last week with doctor's visits and MOPS meetings which meanwhile took a lot of Energy out of my but didn't seem to bother my kid's energy:) We did find time to do a few activites last week but E has been the hardest letter for me to be creative thus far.
For letter E we did:

*Lots of practicing writing the letter E

*Colored some Elmo pictures

*Ate lots of Eggs




*Made an Eyes mask- I drew eyes on construction paper and let the kids color in the pupil their color. Then they helped me cut them out and I made holes in the middle for them to see out of and holes on the edges to carry yarn through to go around their heads.
* Learned all about the Earth and topped it off with making an earth suncatcher! I took a paper plate and cut out a whole in the middle and glued a piece of plastic wrap to cover the hole ( you can also use parchment paper).




Then I copied the earth onto the plastic with a permanant marker.




I gave the kids blue and green paint and they painted the earths and then we attached blue tissue paper strings to the bottom (you can use crepe paper instead). Finally I punched a hole at the top and looped a piece of yarn so they could hang it up.




The picture doesn't really do the kids artwork justice, but they were all so excited to get it home and put it on their windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment