Monday, September 6, 2010

B is for Black








Hello all!
Last week we took Thursday and Friday to focus on the letter B. Who knew there were so many words that begin with the letter b?! My son's favorite color is black so naturally everytime I asked the kids what the letter B said, he would say, " B, Ba, Black" We had fun with this one.




There were lots of Books from the library that I incorporated with our lesson which was awesome. We read a book about Buzzing Bees, Butterflies, Black, Blue and of course the letter B.
We did many activites including:

*Making bracelets- with a pipe cleaner, macaroni, and markers to decorate them. (this also works those motor skills too)

*Cutting out a butterfly from construction paper and decorating it

* Coloring a ball and practicing how to write the letter B




*Making a ball- I punched holes on the outer rim of a paper plate and let the kids thread some yearn through the holes and then they colored it how ever they wanted to and we wrote Ball in the middle. (also worked those motor skills ).

*Making a bookmark- I used that foam paper that's real cheap and cut strips out and punched a hole in the top and put a few pieces of yarn to dangle from it. Then I wrote their names on them and let them use markers and foam stickers to decorate them.

There were just so many ideas I had that we didn't get to so I can't wait to do the letter B again!

No comments:

Post a Comment