Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A

This week I started my own version of a curriculum for my son and the two kids I babysit. They are all 3 but one is a new 3 and the other two are almost 4, so it can be hard at times but for the most part they can all do about the same things. I decided that we would start off by focusing our time on letters. Since we have to throw in time to play, nap, snack and lunch we have little pockets of time during the day where I sit the kids down at the "activity table" and we have fun! I also decided that for us we will be working on one letter for two days and Wednesday will be out fieldtrip day or play a little more day;)

Over the weekend I went and gathered all the ideas I could from parenting magazines, to websites and blogs and then I went shopping for craft items! You know me, I am thrifty so for most everything I was able to buy at The Dollar Tree and the dollar bin in Target ( my favorite places to shop ), but for a few items like marbles and tempra paint I had to go to Micheal's.

This past Monday was the first day to start our new "school" as the kids call it and we started with the letter A. All day long I stressed how we say the letter A and everything that starts with the letter A so we could get practice remembering how to say it.

Our activites over the 2 days included:
*A color sheet with a picture of an apple and a place to practice writing A.
* Reading a book on Ants
* An ant that was colored, cut out, glued onto construction paper and of course followed up with more practice of writing A
* An ant made out of egg carton and pipe cleaners
* An alligator color by numbers picture ( for older 3's)
*Not to mention we threw in a game of memory and A blank piece of construction paper where they used their paint and brushes to make their own Art!


This is the finished product! You get the idea;)

Today was brought to you by the letter A!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I loved the little ant made out of egg cartons idea :)

    ReplyDelete